Tuesday, January 24, 2012

To comb, or not to comb.

A few days ago I decided that it was time to wash my hair. I know, that might sound weird to some readers but, washing my hair takes a really long time, especially because it's one of the only time I remove shed hairs from my scalp. 

Yes, that might sound controversial but, you guessed it!  For the past few months, I have opted out of  combing my hair unless it is damp or wet. Most of you know that wet hair is in it's most fragile state (more or less). But, what about fine hair? Some of my hair is so fine, that is could honestly be mistaken for a baby's hair. Very soft, very very small in diameter. My hair is also natural, making the small coils very likely to get tangled up in one another. For this reason, combing my hair is detrimental when it's dry.

I opt to take the route of combing gently with conditioner and water, first finger combing and smoothing the hair down, followed by using my favorite comb of all time:


Ouidad Double Detangler Comb

Ouidad Double Detangler Comb

This comb can be found at Sephora and is the only comb that I use for the most part (unless I am flat ironing, which is a story for another post!).

Anyway, I was really enthused about using the S-Series S-2 for the first time on it's own. Usually, I use this shampoo along with M-3.2 but, when I used it on it's on, I got really good results.  I was able to comb my hair and get lots of shed hairs out because the shampoo was really moisturizing and gave my hair an awesome slip!

Of course, I wash my hair every few days so, I do not have a super excessive amount of shed hairs. I personally feel that this is the best option for me and it has allowed me to grow my hair to a medium length with a minimal amount of breakage.


I hope to hear from you guys on this controversial topic. How do you feel about not combing for a few days? Have any of your clients ever spoken to you about doing something like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment